Pet Parasite Preventives: Keeping You, Your Family & Your Pet Healthy
With a complete online and onsite veterinary pharmacy at our Temple City, California, facility, we offer you a variety of flea, tick, and other pet parasite preventive and control products. Ranging from popular name brands to more discrete, yet equally reliable generic products, we carry only the most dependable veterinary pharmaceuticals available. Paired with budget friendly prices, you are sure to find a trusted flea and tick control product at our animal hospital that best suits the needs of your little friend.
Why is it so important to prevent and control small animal parasites?
Small animal parasites can be detrimental not only to the health of your pet, but also to other pets or even you and your family! They can lead to sickness and more serious secondary conditions or diseases.
- Secondary diseases and illnesses in pets caused by small animal parasites:
- Coccidiosis (especially found in puppies and young dogs)
- Heart disease
- Lyme disease
- Secondary diseases or conditions spread to humans through pet parasite infections:
- Cat scratch fever
- Lyme disease
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
Symptoms of Internal and External Pet Parasites
- Sometimes there may be no signs or symptoms at all, which is why it is particularly important to stay up to date with annual veterinary wellness tests and exams
- Sudden change in weight
- Change in appetite
- What looks like grains of rice in the feces (tapeworms)
- Abdominal bloating or swelling
- Excessive scratching or biting the skin
- Irritated skin
- Visible fleas in the fur or ticks latched to the skin
Contact our friendly staff for more information on pet parasite control and prevention.